Thursday, February 1, 2018

Lord a-Leaping pattern now available!


On the twelfth day of Christmas,
My true love sent to meeeee...

Twelve lords a-leaping!


Can we all just have a 30 second freeform dance party now, y'all? *dances like no one is watching*

Hooooooo. *arranges hair* (I used to do that as a school break with my two girls when they were young enough to think I was funny and cool. We'd blare the music and dance like maniacs around the living room. Good times.)

This. The grand finale! The final pattern! The end of the Twelve Days Ornament Series. Is finished. I love this His Leapingness so, and of course the True Love bonus ornament that comes along with him.


One of my favorite things about Lord Fancy Pants here is the fact that his legs are jointed and moveable. You can position them in whatever energetic pose you prefer. Just a little extra something I included because it's fun.


This twelfth and series finale pattern is now available in my Etsy and Craftsy shops. Are you new to this series? Pop over to this post to see lots of helpful information about it.

If you know the modern Twelve Days of Christmas song by heart, you might be saying to yourself, 'Wait, I thought day twelve was Drummers Drumming?' And you'd be right! However, my series is based on the original carol from 1780 and the order toward the end is a bit different than the modern one. No worries if you prefer that order – you can number your ornaments any way you like!


These three leaping lord and true love samples were made with the Benzie felt bundle no. 6 (Goose a-Laying and Lord a-Leaping). You can of course make your ornaments in whatever colors you like! For those of you who want to make ornaments just like these samples, the specific color guide for them, along with DMC floss numbers included, will be coming soon in a separate post.

On a personal note, you may have noticed January got by me a little faster than I planned. This last week my dear Schmoopie went through a medical ordeal (three kidney stones, one very large) so I was understandably derailed for a few days. If you have ever passed a kidney stone, you know how truly horrible it is no matter what size the stone. I'm so glad to tell you he's feeling much better! Thanks so much for getting in touch and for your eagerness to purchase these patterns! 

So all that to tell you that YES indeed, I am going to list a 1-12 pattern bundle -- the complete series bundle you've been waiting so patiently for! It's not listed yet. Give me a day or two to get it together and into the shops. It's late, y'all. *yawns*

20 comments:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS on the finish!! You've done such a beautiful job on every single one! I love the color combos you've given your lords. So fun!

    Gee... now what are you gonna do??? 😉

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yaaaaaay! Thanks so much, Grandma G. You are my most faithful cheerleader! I have a million ideas. I need to do boring businessy maintenance stuff for a while but after that I'll be ready.

      Delete
  2. Congratulations! The whole set is just beautiful. This guy rocks! Thanks for all of your hard work! Glad your husband is feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Jan, thanks so much! My Schmoopie is much better, thanks! I'm so glad.

      Delete
  3. Fantastic! You did an excellent job in designing these ornaments!

    I am looking forward to purchasing the bundle for the final three (I have 1 - 9) and beginning the set!

    On a side note, has the girl monkey been discontinued?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, luckyloon,
      I'm working on the bundles and will post as soon as they are ready. You mean Molly Monkey? She's a free pattern and lives here on the blog:
      http://mmmcrafts.blogspot.com/2008/07/drum-roll-pleasemolly-monkey-pattern.html

      Delete
    2. GOT IT! I have Kitty Kat and want to make Molly and Kitty for twin daughters who, although they love each other dearly, do NOT like they twin-look-a-like thing, even if different colors/material are used for two Kat dolls. Thank you VERY much, Larissa, and may God continue to bless you, your loved ones, and the gifts of your creativeness, hands, and loving, sharing heart.

      RJ Loon

      Delete
  4. Well done Larissa. This one has so much movement and glad you took the time to get it just right. And thanks for the extra pattern included with the Lords. ;o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whoo hoo, Romona! Thanks so much! The True Love heart will come in handy for Valentines Day too.

      Delete
  5. Oh my goodness! You have done a magnificent job of designing these! I am truly in awe of your creativeness and your talent. I am making FOUR sets of these (3 grown kids and my own set!)so I see it in every stitch I make. Just a small note here- I started adding seed beads instead of French Knots (am I the only one that is not very consistent with these??)instead. It really adds another level of "handmadeness" to the project. Thank you, thank you for sticking with this (and us) to get to Number 12! Now go and get some very deserved champagne!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, four sets. Lots of fun sewing! Yes, seed beads are an excellent substitute for French knots if you find them frustrating. The extra sparkle and texture are just an added bonus. I use sequins and glass beads on some of my special ones.

      Delete
    2. Hello Karen, Mary Corbett, of Needle 'n Thread, has a video and articles on her sight about making consistent French Knots, or even using a Colonial Knot, instead. Here are some links: www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1Cq24d5-8s ; www.needlenthread.com/2018/01/5-tips-for-successful-french-knots-every-time.html ; www.needlenthread.com/2012/06/the-french-knot-vs-the-colonial-knot.html RJ Loon

      Delete
  6. How Dapper and Carefree me lord looks! I just bought 1 thru 6 earlier this week. I hope to save and buy the remaining 6 plus the complete bundle set later this year. It took me a long time-seems like over a year-to get 1 to 6. Emergencies and Necessities kept kicking it out of my budget. Truly lovely designs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Natureluvr57. I hear ya! It's always something, amiright? I have a 20% off sale every Thanksgiving Day weekend so if you wait for that you'll save a bit more!

      Delete
  7. Woop-de do, he's HERE! And how fantastic he is! I hardly have the patience to finish my comment because I want to head straight over to the Etsy shop and get my Lord to leap over the pond to me right now. Thank you so much Larissa, the whole series is just delightful. I am having so much fun making them all, and I hope you have just as much fun with whatever crafty thing you decide to take on next (after a suitable breather of course). xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha, Jane! *waving across pond* Thanks for holding yourself back long enough to leave me this sweet comment! :-) And thanks so much for your purchase! Breather sounds good. :-)

      Delete
  8. Beautiful! Your ornaments are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Larissa, these are just incredible. Absolutely beautiful.
    Best wishes to your hubbs (Schmoop) I used to be an RN and I know those kidney stones are horrible. I am glad to know he is recovered.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you so much for designing this series! I have really enjoyed stitching the first few ornaments and hope to get my act together this year and finish it! :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello. Enough about me. Let's hear from you! If you post a question, I answer with a reply comment, so be sure to click the 'notify me' box as you post your question to receive the answer via email. Thanks!